900g – Diced Chuck Steak
800ml – Beef Stock
500ml – Brains Dark
4 Sprigs Thyme
2 Tbsp Oil
3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
16 – Baby Shallots peeled
½ Swede – Cut into 1 Inch cubes
2 Carrots cut into ½ inch slices
100g Tomato Puree
How To Make
- In a heavy bottomed pan add the oil on high heat and fry the meat until browned all over. Drain off any excess oil.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the garlic & tomato puree and mix in well, then add the flour stirring continuously and cook for a few minutes.
- Slowly add the stock stirring well at all times
- Remove the leaves of thyme form the stem and add to the pan along with the Ale. Bring to the boil and Simmer for about 1 1/2 hours with a lid on
- Then gently place all the vegetables in the pan and continue cooking for approximately another hour or until the meat is tender.
- Then serve with some fresh crusty bread.